What are Peptides In my skin care line and How do they Work?
Peptides are really the newest thing in anti-aging skin care, and due to their high cost & complexity, the effective actives are utilized in only the most premium skin care products.
While there are a variety of different peptide complexes, some of the most prominent work in the following ways:
1. Produce Collagen – Collagen, made up of long strands of amino acids, is really the main building block of skin, giving the skin its smooth, and youthful appearance. As we age, collagen is lost, and this gives way to aged, wrinkled looking skin. When the long strands of amino acids in collagen are broken down they create small chains commonly referred to as peptides. The presence of these peptides signal to the skin that it has lost collagen and the production of more is necessary.
One of the most effective peptides in my skin care line works to mimic the appearance of this broken down collagen, causing your skin to naturally react by producing more collagen.
This particular peptide complex has been shown in studies to be as effective as retinol at healing wrinkles and skin damage, while lacking the irritation and downtime that is often associated with retinoid products.
2. Strengthen Capillaries & Increase Microcirculation — When it comes to caring for the delicate skin around the eyes, the peptide in my new eye cream works to effectively to increase lymphatic drainage and microcirculation by strengthening veins and capillaries, leading to a dramatic reduction in discoloration & swelling around the eyes. By protecting the integrity of elastin & collagen bundles (two essential elements of the skin), and minimizing the impact of free radical damage, these powerful peptides work to improve skin firmness and elasticity, giving the under eye region a lifting effect, while visibly reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
3. Increase Cellular Communication— The Dermal-Epidermal Juncture (DEJ), responsible for the structural and functional integrity of the skin, begins to lose functionality around the age of 30. My peptide complex interacts with the most relevant proteins at the DEJ to dramatically increase cellular communication on a molecular level while also stimulating the production.
• improved structural integrity
• improved epidermal nourishment
• improved molecular communication within the skin
• improved skin compactness
• reduced wrinkles
• increased skin tonicity
• increased skin firmness
February 13, 2013
Meet our newest member, Jessica Trumble! Jessica is a holistic esthetician specially trained in Dr Fields Sacred Skin care line. She offers a variety of services and can be reached at 970.901.9111 and on our website under Services. Currently she has a special going, any three services for $99. Come in and see Jessica for any of her great treatments!